Speaking computers might be sound interesting. And we often feel interesting while watching Sci-Fi Hollywood movies in which computers or robots are talking and replying with a human. But is it really possible to make your computer speak? Well… it is possible. But for this users must know about programming.
But here in this article, we are going to share some simple tricks to make your computer speak what you type. You need not learn programming languages for applying these tricks. Simply follow the instructions step by step and your computer will start speaking whatever you type on them.
How to Make Your Computer Speak What You Type?
Well… there are many ways to make your computer speak whatever you write. Some may suggest downloading “Text to Speech” software for the purpose. But here we have provided three different ways in which you do not need any third party software. The three ways will work on your Windows computer or laptop in three different ways. Let’s get started with the first one.
Make Your Computer Speak What You Type using Narrator:
Windows has a built-in application called “Narrator”. Its function is to read aloud the text what is written on the computer screen. The application has been developed for the blinds actually for their convenience. But you can use this tool also to make your computer speak.
- Follow the simple steps to make your computer speak what you type using Narrator:
- First of all, open the application (eg. MS Word, Notepad, etc) where you want to write the text.
- After opening the application, click on the “Start” button.
- Now search for “Narrator” in the search box.
- Click on it and here your computer will start reading whatever written on the screen. And after some time, it will read whatever you will write.
If you want to control the speed of the speech then follow the steps below.
- Click on “Start” Button.
- Type “Change Text to Speech Settings” in the search box.
- After getting the list click on it.
- Then you will get the “Speech Properties”
- In the “Text to Speech” section, adjust the “Voice Speed”.
- Click on “Preview Voice” to check the speed.
- Then Click “Ok”. That’s it.
Have a look on how you can Set Password On Your Software
Make Your Computer Speak What You Type using Notepad:
Users can use the “Notepad” for making your computer to speak whatever you want it to speak. Just follow the simple steps below.
Steps to Follow:
- Open Notepad on your devices. (if you do not find it, Click on START button and search for it)
- After opening it, paste the below given code.
speechtext=inputbox(“Enter a text to speak”,”TEXT TO SPEECH-[Rockingheart]”)
- Now save the notepad file with “.vbs” extension at your desktop and close the Notepad.
4. Now go to your desktop screen.
5. You will get the file saved file there.
6. Open it, type whatever you want and then click “OK”.
7. Your device will read it aloud.
Users can adjust the voice speed in the same way that we have mentioned above.
Check out how you can Get Anyone’s IP Address
How to Make Microsoft Word Talk, Read, Speak Aloud with Text-to-Speech
Users can use the Text to speech function in MS Word also. MS word has provided the tools for the users. To activate the tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Follow:
- First of all, open MS Word on your devices.
- Now click on “Customize Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Click More Commands.
- In the Choose commands from list, select All Commands.
- Scroll down to the Speak command, select it, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
- The “Speak” button will be added to the “Quick Access Toolbar” menu. Whenever you want your computer to read the text, select the texts or words or sentences and then click on the “Speak” button. Your computer will read it for you.
These are the three easiest ways to make your computer speak whatever you type. And for these methods, users do not need to download any software. Just follow the steps and make your PC talk. There are two video tutorials available. Readers can watch them for better understanding. So follow the method you want and enjoy.