Do you know that you can remotely shutdown or restart other PC, without anyone knowing that you have interfered with his or her system. Whenever you are bored try using this prank over your friends or colleagues. This is completely harmless and you will able to shut down your computer even from a far distance. There are also benefits of this pranks, i.e. you can easily shut download your PC from anywhere even if you are not near your PC. Just you need to know your IP address of your computer. This system remotely shut down can be easily used without an internet connection or using the software. All you need is the CMD.exe and few codes that will get you full control of other PC to shut down or Restart.
To shut down or restart other PC, you will have to use the CMD.exe. To shut down the PC, you can make it using two methods- one opening through the LAN and getting their IP address and other manually checking in to their computer system to get their IP Address. So we have brought you both the process by which you can get the IP address to shut down PC remotely.
How to remotely shutdown or restart other PC:
First, let us discuss the process by which you can shut down PC using the LAN. Follow the steps shown below to set some simple tricks which will directly allow you to shut down PC from a far distance.
Steps#1: Open CMD.exe
First, you have to open the CMD.exe on your computer. To open, you have to go to the start menu and search cmd.
Once you find the cmd in the list, click to open the command prompt console.
Steps #2: Enter the file name to run
Next step is to get all the possible information like IP address of your surrounding friend’s computer. Make sure all your friends are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) for internet connection.
Enter the “net view” into your cmd and hit the enter key. Now you will have to wait for few seconds to respond. And all the computers which are connected to the same local LAN or Wi-Fi will be displayed.
Steps #3: Ping the User Name
Next, you will have to get the IP address of your friend’s computer system. So next, enter the “Ping” command in the cmd to find the IP address number. Wait for few seconds, and this will display all the IP address of the computer which is sharing the same Wi-Fi for internet connection. Note the IP address of the person whom you want to shut down.
Also, have a look at Make Undeletable Folder on your PC.
Step #4: Enter into the Remote Shutdown dialog
Here is the section, where you will have to enter the IP address of the person and set the timer for shutting down the system. Now add the IP address which you have noted down into the Remote Shutdown Dialog box.
- Click on the Add button
- Type the IP address of the person whom you want to shut down
- Now choose either to shut down or restart the PC of your Victim
- Next set the timer, and the timer must be set in second. And also you can write a message that would display on your friend’s screen before it shuts down.
- Finally, click on the OK button to shutdown PC remotely.
Have a look at how you can make nameless profile in Facebook
Other Methods to remotely shutdown or restart other PC:
The second method is composing of the IP address which you will find out manually if the person whom you want to trick is not on the same LAN. So let us get the IP address now.
#1: Get IP address from Control panel to shut down remotely
Shutting down your PC remotely doesn’t require any internet connection. You can easily enter into your system or other friend’s computer system to get the IP address. Follow the below-shown steps to get the IP address.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select Network and Setting
- Click on Wireless Network Connection
- Now click on the Detail to get the IP address
- Finally, note down the IPV6 to set for the Remote Shutdown Dialog
Open and set Shutdown using cmd
- Open your cmd
- Enter “Shutdown –I”
- Now you will get into the Remote Shutdown Dialog
- Add the IP address which you have noted down and also write a message that would display on the screen before it shuts down.
- Finally, click on the OK button to shut down PC remotely
#2: Get IP address from Google to shut down remotely
You can also get the IP address directly using your PC browsers. Here below are the steps provided with the Keyword to get the IP address.
- Open any browser connected to the internet
- Next enter “know my pc ip” into the URL and hit the enter key
- Finally, you will see that you got your IP address
- Now open the cmd and enter Shutdown -i
- Next, you will enter the Remote Shutdown Dialog
- Enter your IP address into the required section and set the timer and also you can write a message that would display on your friend’s screen before it shuts down.
- And hit the OK button
- This will allow you to shut down your PC instantly.
So these are the complete details by which you can Remotely Shutdown or Restart Other PC. This is a harmless prank which you can play with your friends. But before that, you have to make sure, the PC which you are about the shutdown is protected or not. You should disable the Firewall of the Windows PC where you wish to shut down remotely. If this were not made, you comment in cmd will result as “Access is Denied.” Besides all these, remotely shutting down of PC is quite fun to play with your friends. Hope you got the tricks, start making pranks now.