Internet means almost the entire world to most of the people nowadays. And restricting their access to the world of internet will be no less than a nightmare. Yes, it is a good idea if you want to take some revenge or prank your friends by blocking their internet access. So today, let’s see how to stop someone’s internet access.
As mentioned, in today’s topic we will learn how to stop someone’s internet access. Apart from taking revenge or making a prank, this can also come handy if you are a parent and want your kid(s) to stop using the internet, especially during the exam days.
Is your PC used in the absence of you? Check it out with the simple tech tricks
Now, blocking/disabling internet connection on computers can be equally easy for geeks like how it is tuff for an average person. However, we have simplified the process, so that, even a not-so-tech minded person can comprehend it.
How to stop someone’s internet access:
There are four different ways in which you can disable internet access on a Windows PC. The methods and steps and briefly described below:
Method 1: Disable a specific connection on Windows
This method will help in disabling certain types of connection, like disabling the Wi-Fi adapter, so that, the Wi-Fi doesn’t work.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center – you can do it by clicking on Windows icon on the bottom left corner, search for Control Panel, and click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center – on doing so a new window will open displaying the LAN or Wi-Fi connection that you are connected to.
- Now, click on the network connection that you are connected to. For example, if you are connected to a Wi-Fi named ABCD you will see Connections: Wi-Fi (ABCD), clicking which will open a small window.
- Now click on Disable and it will disable the Wi-Fi adapter of your computer and won’t work until you enable it back on. Same applies for a LAN connection as well.
- To enable it, you will have to go to Change adapter settings on the left panel of Network and Sharing Center, right click on the disabled Wi-Fi adapter, and click on Enable. It will be up and running in a couple of seconds.
Method 2: Set Up a Fake Proxy Server
Setting up a fake proxy server will disable the internet connectivity to the entire computer, no matter what type of connection it is connected to. It is like leading the computer towards a fake and invalid IP address, whenever it tries to browse the internet; resulting in an error.
- Open Control Panel, go to Network and Internet, and click on Internet Options. A new Internet Properties window will pop up.
- Go to the Connections tab and select LAN settings at the bottom of the window.
- Uncheck Automatically detect settings and then check Use proxy server that is in the same window.
- Use any random IP address and Port; you can find some fake proxy server details on the internet. Click OK and Apply to save the settings.
- This way, the computer’s internet browser will time out each time someone tries to browse the internet.
Try Setting Password On Your Software to keep al of your private files private.
Method 3: Disable Firewall Access for Specific Windows Programs
Using this method you will block a specific program on the computer from accessing the internet. Not all the programs will be affected by this method unless you choose to.
- Open Control Panel, select System, and Security, and click on Windows Firewall.
- On the Windows Firewall Settings window, open the Exceptions tab, Uncheck the program for which the internet connection should be blocked, and click OK to save/apply the settings.
- Open the program to check if internet connecting is still active for it. For example, if you have chosen Firefox browser as the program for which internet should be stopped, then you will get an error message on trying to browse the internet through the browser.
Here is the trick to get Anyone’s IP Address on your PC, if you want to track someone on the go.
Method 4: Use Internet Toggling Apps
There are many third-party apps for Windows PC that can be used for toggling the internet connectivity on or off. This might come handy, and of course, more efficient than other methods as it doesn’t require much hard work. All you will need to do is open the toggling app and turn the internet on or off, like how you do on your cell phones. As simple as that!
The one that we will be talking about first is the Toggle Internet script. It is a very simple to use third party internet toggle for Windows. This app will help you temporarily disable all the internet access to the computer with just one click. Alternatively, you can revert back the internet connection to the computer by another click. Following the steps below to use it:
- Download the Toggle-Internet.bat on your desktop for easy access.
- Right-click on the application’s icon and select Run as Administrator; you will instantly lose internet access on the computer.
- You will need to follow the same steps in order to get back the internet access.
Secondly, you can also use the Let Me Work internet toggling application. Unlike the Toggle-Internet.bat, with Let Me Work you can disable access to certain websites or programs, while staying connected to the important ones like email, Google Drive, etc. You can also specify a certain group of websites to be blocked temporarily by the Let Me Work internet toggling application.
So, this is all about how to stop someone’s internet access. Hope you have found the article helpful; also let us know which method worked better for you, in the comments section below. Cheers!