GRE or the Graduate Record Examination is a standardized form of the international level examination conducted by ETS or Educational testing service to fetch admissions in several graduate or business graduate schools from the candidates from different sectors of Master’s, specialized master’s, MS, MEM, MBA or Doctoral degree. In addition to GRE revised general test, there are six GRE subjects that test the aspirant’s knowledge in their respective fields. Both the computer-based test and the paper delivered test is taken by ETS to ensure a better environment for the candidate. One can take the test every 21 days up to five times in a continuous one year period.
ELIGIBILITY, FEES & PATTERN
- For GRE exam there are no any pre-requisites of age, qualification, and timing except that it required documents to prove the candidate’s identity and especially in India, they need a valid passport clearly showing his/her name, photograph, and signature. No other alternate ID proof can be used. But the universities for which the candidate is looking for, have their own eligibility criteria for minimum age or qualification or experience related matters.
- The registration fees for GRE exam is much lower than other exams like GMAT and varies between 14000 – 15000 rupees in INR. Extra charges can be levied if one is willing to reschedule the test or change the test center. ETS can make the fees flexible if anyone can prove their financial hardships.
- While GRE general test uses Analytical writing, verbal and quantitative reasoning to judge the candidate’s perspective and solving or analyzing skills, the GRE subject test focused on aspirant’s expertise in specific fields.
HOW & WHERE TO REGISTER
While the GRE tests are offered at paper delivered test centers worldwide, one can register for GRE test by online or email also.
- For Online registration:
- The aspirant needs to create or have an ETS account to register online.
- Known debit or credit cards or even PayPal or e-checks are accepted for payment to register.
- In Nigeria, only VISA, PayPal and voucher numbers are accepted.
For mail Registration:
- One needs to fill the Registration form for the subject test (in Pdf format) and have to send it to the email address printed on the form which must reach the ETS by the given deadline. Fax can’t be done.
- Here also known debit or credit cards, money orders, certified checks or vouchers are accepted.
In addition, by making a call to respective toll-free numbers, one can register but payment methods are almost the same.
After successful registration, a confirmation email will be sent to the candidate’s mail id stating his/her test choices, dates, centers and score recipients. Correction, if any, can be done with prior information to ETS before the exam date. The candidate may be asked for biometric voice sample and photo, refusing to which, may lead to barring from exam and forfeiture of fees.
As this exam is cost-dependent, one must keep all the related information clearly in mind before or after he/she registers for GRE test.